Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Using your PC to Simplify Christmas Card Making

Hello all, today I am hopping on to share the next installment of my Christmas Card Making Like a Scrapbooker, How to Use Your PC to Simplify Christmas Card Making. I don't know about you, but I only have a limited amount of sentiments for Christmas time and after a while, I get tired of using the same ones over and over again or I want a bigger sentiment to be the focal point of the front of the card. When that happens, I like to either use a Bible verse  or use a font I have found online with Christmas images instead of letters. I just type it on to the page and then make the image bigger until it is the size I want it (I have a number of Christmas fonts saved on my Pinterest board, Fonts). I've saved a number of font to my computer because I really like having all of the different options for sentiments or images. Downloading a font is pretty easy (at least it is on a mac) but if anyone has any questions I can do a tutorial on downloading fonts to a mac.

Below are a couple of cards that I made using downloaded fonts, which I used for personal  uses only and an image of the three wise men that was also pulled from an online font.


Card 1: The Three Wise Men

When using an image from a font, you are typically going to have to re-size it to at least a font size of 175 to have it big enough to cover a card. I like to print my sentiments on kraft cardstock, as well as cream cardstock, and white card stock. I think that the black ink pops beautifully against those colors. I like the classic, elegant look of the black myself, but you can always choose other colors of ink to use





Card 2: Unto Us a Child is Born


For this card, I looked up one of my favorite Christmas-related verses in Isaiah 9:6, "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." I tried a bunch of different fonts before settled on the one in the cards below and then I just did a quick search online for a nice, simple star image that I could add over the bible verse. For these cards, I was in a bit of a rush to finish so I simply cut them down to fit the card with my paper trimmer. These three cards were super easy and came together really quickly. I think I made all three in under 10 minutes.





Tips and Tricks: 


When I download a new font made up of images I immediately pull Word up and type out the entire alphabet in the new font, print out the sheet with the new fonts and then write the letter of the alphabet the image corresponds to so that when I go to use one of the images I can just pull the sheet up and know which font and which letter to use rather than having to always type through the alphabet trying to remember which letter I was supposed to be using.


No comments:

Post a Comment