Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Christmas Card Making Like a Scrapbooker, Part 2 (Continued...)

In my second installment of Part 2 of Christmas Card Making Like a Scrapbooker, I want to share a few cards that have a little bit more embellishments than just the 12x12 pad of paper - primarily enamel dots, letter stickers, and Thickers.

I followed the same process, except I did a bit more fussy cutting than the other cards and layering.


Card 1: Let Your Heart be Light

For this card, I took one of the patterned papers and fussy cut some of the white branches and then cut out another sentiment from one of the pages filled with sentiments. To make the card have a bit more impact I layered the sentiment with additional patterned paper and raised them up with adhesive foam. I then tucked in some of the branches underneath the sentiment and finished off with enamel dots and a dotted line around the edge that I drew with a white jelly pen.  This makes a nice impact without needing too many additional supplies (just a white pen, that can be used multiple times).  With the exception of the fussy cutting that took me about 15 minutes, the rest of the card came together in under five minutes.



Card 2: Be Merry

This second card is a super simple card with no dimension so that it can go through the mail easily with no additional postage. One of the patterned papers in the mambi "Merry Christmas" paper pad had a gorgeous cream text paper with white glittery snowflakes around the top and bottom of the paper. To get a full impact of the snowflakes I stayed simple with the sentiment. For the sentiment, I grabbed a pack of red glitter Thickers for the "Be" and then fussy cut the "merry" from the paper pad. I finished it off with a white dot line along the bottom half of the card because it just seemed to be missing something after I completed the rest of the card. 



Card 3: Merry Christmas

This card follows the same pattern, except I added mini letter stickers instead of Thickers. The process is so simple. I really just cut down several papers at once to get the nicest backgrounds of the cards and then cut out all of the sentiments one evening while I was watching tv. Because of the prep work, these cards took less than 5 minutes each to complete. The assembly line method really is key to being able to complete so many cards  in a short amount of time.




Tips and Tricks

Using a white pen to create a border, whether dotted or solid, is a nice way to finish off a card, especially one that has a dark base.

When cutting your papers for bases, remember to look at your papers and think about which cuts will leave you with a base with the most impact, or the prettiest orientation of the pattern on the paper.

                               __________________________________________

I hope that you are all enjoying this series and will be back in a few days for the next part of the series: Using your PC to make Christmas card making more simple and less expensive.

Also, if you would like to keep up with the posts that I share here and other snippets, you can follow my artist page on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/joyfuldawncreations/

No comments:

Post a Comment