Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My First Chipboard Album

Hello all. I hope that you had a blessed Christmas and New Year. Like most of you, I took a break from blogging over the holidays. There was so much going on and while I was working on many craft projects (one I will show you today, one I can't show you until the intended recipient get their package), I just didn't have time for everything and editing pictures and posting to the blog just had to take a back seat to everything else.

But now the holidays are over and I am confined to the couch because I did something to my neck and shoulders so I cant move around very much... Not the greatest of things to happen, but hey, it gave me a perfect excuse to work on getting some pictures edited and some blog entries posted!

This Christmas, I wanted to make as many Christmas gifts as I could, but to be honest, my husband and I were away for the first week in December on a missions trip to the Dominican Republic, and then I spent an entire week making all of my Christmas cards so I got a bit of a late start to the gifts. In the end I made a gift for my sister (the mixed media canvas I shared earlier), a gift for my grandma, some small gifts for my little 4 year old cousin, and a gift for another cousin and I gave something to my mom that I had made quite a while ago - just a small part of her overall gift. Today I am going to be sharing what I made for my grandmother. 

My grandma loves handmade gifts and she loves photos of her family, so I thought I would try my hand at making my first chipboard mini-album. This was a holiday for branching out of my comfort zone!

Anyhow, I used a number of Cosmo Cricket papers that I received from my sweet cousin Christy, over at Christy Gets Crafty, as well as some lace and burlap flowers, some recollections brads and gems, as well as Q&Co gems and pearls. Other papers I used came from a blog giveaway - I don't know where they came from. I also used some paper doilies from the dollar store and paper flowers from Michaels - Calypson Tin flowers and Recollections flowers.

I would definitely make one of these again - however, I would NOT ever use scalloped edges again! They are a pain in the neck. I think I spent more time cutting down patterned paper than any other part of the album... but otherwise I enjoyed making the album - my apologies to my relatives for Facebook-stalking you to find enough pictures to go in the album. :)





















2 comments:

  1. Ashley, this turned out SO STINKIN' CUTE! I love it! The papers you used a gorgeous, and I bet Grandma LOVED it. Wow, I'm just astounded, as I was when I received MINE in the mail today! You are so sweet! Thank you so much! I love it. It's truly a special and heartfelt gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she does. I'm not sure if she got it yet. I forgot to ask mom. I am so glad that you liked yours. I really enjoyed making them. :) I was sooo nervous that something would fall off in the mail though, I hope that everything came through alright!

    ReplyDelete